Thursday, September 8, 2011

New Student

Believe it or not, tomorrow morning (Friday) is the first day of school for Lucas. As cliche as it sounds, it seems like just yesterday he was a baby so it's almost impossible for me to believe we are at the next milestone of his life already.

We had a chance to meet with his teacher, Ms. Laroche, yesterday. She seems nice enough, and the classroom looks like a fun place for a kid with plenty of blocks, puzzles, games, etc. The class is a blend of both junior and senior kindergarten kids so there will be both 4 and 5 year olds.

I'm still trying to figure out the recess situation. When I was in elementary school, the kindergarteners had their own area, separate from the 1-6 graders. From what I've seen, it's all one open area so I'm not sure if they all mix or what. My guess is that they stagger the times they are out there since it seems like the little ones would never be able to get on the playground equipment otherwise. Well, once the school gets playground equipment. It's a brand new school so I think that is going to be the first thing they fundraise for.

Marilu took pictures of Lucas's lunch box and backpack, and I'll take more of him tomorrow once he is dressed. Also, his daycare provider, Andrea, will take pics of him getting on and off the bus so I should have some of those for you by tomorrow night.

And at some point, yes, you will get vacation photos.

No comments: