Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Lucas Turns 4!

My mom left yesterday, but before she went, I was able to download over 100 pictures from her visit to my computer. There are lots of good pictures from his birthday and the subsequent party so the next 2-3 posts will likely be devoted to that.

Before I get to that, I wanted to relate a funny little story from earlier today. For some reason this morning, Lucas used the word "ass." I can't imagine where he learned THAT word. Anyway, I told him that "ass" was a bad word and that he shouldn't be using it. However, I then corrected myself and said that using "ass" when talking about people was bad, but if you used it instead of the word "donkey," it was ok. So this afternoon, when Marilu got home, I asked Lucas to tell her what he learned about words today. He thought about it for a moment and then said, "Ass with people is bad but ass with donkey is good." Ah, the apple of my eye.

This first batch of photos is from Lucas's actual birthday, June 16. In the first shot, he's about to check out a Harry Potter sticker book. He doesn't have any idea who HP is, but it's stickers, so that's all good in his world.


I'm not sure how well you can see his face here (click the photo for a bigger version), but that is nothing short of "ecstatic" written on his face. In his defense, the present was in a pretty big bag.


In case you are wondering, this is what the present was. Marilu and I bought him a big Playmobil pirate ship. He's become a huge fan of Playmobil toys, and his birthday definitely added to his collection. Besides this pirate ship, he got a ghost pirate ship and a large dragon.


Afterwards, we had dinner at Lone Star, which was his choice of restaurant. He took the time out of his busy schedule to pose with all of us.




Up next: the birthday party!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Wow! You're right on time with your posting. Hooray for you! Cute "ass" story. Miss you all.

Tracey said...

That story is definitely a keeper. Thanks for the laugh.