Thursday, June 30, 2011

Birthday Party #4

Lucas's 4th birthday party was held on Saturday, June 18th, a couple of days after his actual birthday. We held it at our house for possibly the last time since he may want to start having it at other locations after this year, but for now, we're happy with the convenience. Wow, that just made me realize this was his last birthday party before he is in school. Time flies...

The party started off with a craft. Since the party's theme was Batman, Marilu used her Cricut scrapbooking machine to make little Batman badges that the kids could glue together.


I love this shirt.


Afterwards, some of the kids played around the house with Lucas's vast collection of toys. Honestly, he has enough toys to fill a couple of daycare centers. Other kids played in the backyard as evidenced by this picture of Lucas and his friend Ryan. Lucas knows Ryan from daycare, and I would say he's as close to a best friend as Lucas has. Luckily, they will be in the same class this fall.


Next up was lunch. Of course, Lucas had to ham it up for the camera.



Here's the cake Marilu made. What a great job!


Blowing out the candles...


....and then eating as messily as possible.



There weren't any fantastic present opening pictures, but since it's a birthday party, I feel obligated to put at least one in so here you go.


All in all, it was a good party, and I think everyone had a fun time. Many, many thanks to my mom for taking these pictures since Marilu and I were too busy hosting to focus on camera duties.

FYI, today is Lucas's last day of full day daycare. His daycare provider does a teacher's schedule, and since Marilu's last day of school is today, Lucas will be home until fall. Then, when daycare starts back up, he'll only be there in the morning and afternoon since he'll be in junior kindergarten. As I mentioned in the opening paragraph, where the heck has the time gone? Next thing we know, he'll be going to prom and heading to university.

I'll be posting all the birthday pictures to my Picasa online photo albums shortly so I'll post a link to that in the next entry.

In case I don't post this weekend, Happy Canada Day and Happy Fourth of July, everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, those pictures weren't too bad. what a cute smile Lucas has...couldn't find a bad picture of him.

HAPPY CANADA DAY!

Love,
Mom and Kevin