Thursday, January 20, 2011

Christmas 2010 in Newfoundland: Part 2

Although I was quite aware of it, my mom sent me an email this week reminding me of my shameful neglect of the blog. "Shameful neglect" are my words...my mom isn't that bad. :)

So without any further adieu, let's get to the rest of the pictures from the trip to Newfoundland. Not too far from Marilu's parents' place is a little inlet that connects to the ocean. The beach is pretty nifty as it is made up of nothing but smooth rocks. If you know Lucas, you know he likes throwing rocks so this place was a good fit. Marilu took quite a few pictures from that excursion, and here are some of the highlights.






That night, relatives came to visit, and I eventually took Lucas back to my room since he was getting antsy. As you can see, modern technology helped keep us occupied. I think he was watching Ice Age (or Finding Nemo), and I was watching The Tudors.


The next day, we went for lunch a little ways up the coast at the house of another of her relatives. You'll have to forgive me for not always remembering everyone. Sometimes, I feel I can count the number of relatives I have on one hand whereas Marilu's family tree looks like a national forest. Anyway, we only took a couple of pictures while we were there. Out of everyone Lucas played with on the trip, cousin Angela ranked second only to the Uncle Steven/Jen combo. I'm surprised we could get him to leave!


This isn't a great picture, but unfortunately, it's the only one we got with Lucas and his Poppy (Marilu's dad).


Finally, we have this one from New Year's Day of Lucas and Steven. As soon as I saw both the 3 year old and the 20 something on the couch, both using iPhones, I knew I had to get a picture. Technology is a crazy thing. God only knows what we'll be capable of doing when Lucas is 20.


And that's Newfoundland, folks! With any luck (and the gentle prodding from my mom), the next post should be up much quicker than this one was. Keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Wow! Christmas and no snow and no hats or gloves. That was some mild weather you had. Loved the pic of Steve and Lucas on the i phones. Thanks for updating.

Love,
Mom