Monday, December 7, 2009

A New Era Begins

Tonight marks the biggest "first" Lucas has had in quite some time. Tonight he will be sleeping in his own bed for the first time. We bought the frame at IKEA this past weekend, but the mattress wasn't available so it took us a few days to finally decide where to get it (Costco being the big winner of that choice). Earlier, I broke down his crib, and then Marilu and I put the bed together. At this very moment, Marilu is reading Lucas his bedtime stories and then the fun shall begin.

I think the most interesting thing will be to see if he wants to sleep with us at 3 or 4 in the morning. He's been in a real clingy phase with Marilu lately, which has led to him being in our bed by the end of the night for the last week or two. The alternative is him wailing like a banshee, and let's face it, at 4 in the morning, I'd let Hitler lie in bed if it would shut him up. I'm sure you'll hear how it went in the next post.

For your viewing pleasure, a couple of pictures as well as a video of Lucas (and Marilu) testing out the new bed.

Waving goodnight...


"Cheese!" in stereo...


Checking out the new bed...

1 comment:

Mom said...

Wow! That's a real milestone. Can't wait to hear how the sleeping went.

I'm flying home today and will call over the weekend.

I love you all.
Mom/Grammy