Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Mishmash from September

Man, when looking at the dates on these photos I've yet to post, I realize just how far behind I am. On the other hand, we haven't been taking nearly as many photos of Lucas as we used to--for instance, there was a 12 day stretch without a picture in November--so I guess if I were to catch up, there may be nothing to look forward to. Or maybe it would encourage me to take more photos? Eh, who knows?

The great bed experiment is still being played out. He hasn't taken to it that well. I should clarify here: he does sleep in it no problem, it's just getting him to sleep. Since he is able to get out of it on his own, as soon as we put him in bed, he's usually up and pounding on the door, calling for "Mommy!" within 5 minutes. I think Marilu has slept next to him on his twin bed more often this past week than in our much more comfortable king size bed. I suppose I shouldn't point out that this means I get to stretch out as much as I want. Hopefully, this is just a phase and he'll take to it sooner rather than later.

Since the rest of photos I have from September are pretty random, I'll just post each with a quick comment.

Sept 15: The latest photo of Lucas and his cousin Megan. We were over at their place to see Marilu's cousin Michael before his upcoming deployment to Afghanistan. On a side note, he makes the best chili I've had in a long time.


Sept 16: Unfortunately, I couldn't get him to look at the camera--the easy "cheese!" days are long gone--but I still found it amusing that Lucas was running around with a "hat" he fashioned from his diapers. A clean one, lest you think we live in squalor.


Sept 19: I'm not sure why pictures of toddlers drinking "beer" amuses me so, but they do. In this case, I put some water in a Dos Equis bottle after I drank it and let Lucas pretend to be a drunken frat boy.


Sept 20: Here is the logical conclusion to that last photo, in video form. This was from the next night while watching a football game. Marilu's Brady jersey is a tad large on the little guy.





Sept 21: Taking a break from watching a video on the iPod Touch to drink from a more kid-appropriate device.


Sept 22: I know we just had a Baby-themed post a few back, but here's another cute one of Lucas and baby relaxing in the living room.


And that wraps up September. To prove my point from earlier in the post, the next photos aren't until Oct 7, so hopefully I'll get to those soon (rather than January). Until next time...

3 comments:

Tracey said...

Good luck with the bed. We're having similar issues over here. Night time is getting better, but nap time was a battle royale on the weekend. Toddlers. Never a dull moment.

Love the pictures with "baby"!

Tracey said...

I take back what I said earlier about night time getting better. I think we put Thierry back in bed about 15 times tonight.

Mom said...

Good that you're catching up with the pictures, because I'm sure there will be lots taken at Christmas.

Good luck with the bed. It makes for a long day when you don't get enough sleep. Poor Marilu. You better do something extra nice for her.