Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Tragedy

I think everyone who reads this blog has heard by now--whether it was via word of mouth or Facebook--but in case you haven't, I wanted to quickly update what has happened in the past week and a half. Basically, we found out that our baby had severe developmental issues, and we would need to terminate the pregnancy, which we did this past weekend. It's been an extremely hard time for all of us, but we have received a massive amount of support from friends and family so for that we are thankful.

At the moment, I don't really have the words to talk about the experience further. Maybe later I'll be able to do it justice, but for now, I just don't want to think about it. The blog will continue, but I just need some time before I'm ready to come back. Thanks for your understanding.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so sorry JD. This is so sad and I can't imagine what both of you are going through. You guys continue to be in my thoughts.