Thursday, January 18, 2018

The latest and greatest...from January 2016

Lucas and I are heading to the Toronto area (slightly north of it, actually) in the morning for a hockey tournament so I figured I'd get a few pictures uploaded since it's been a couple of weeks. I'm going to continue to play catch up since the backlog has become laughably bad.

There were still some 2015 photos left, primarily of Christmas, Lucas's hockey, and Marilu's hockey, but it was nothing you haven't seen before so I'm moving on to 2016. Woohoo, only 2 years behind!

This first picture was taken on New Year's Eve at the home of Lucas's former daycare provider Andrea. What you don't see here is the timestamp on the photo. This was taken at 1:35 AM. Starting the year off right!


For this next picture, I think this is the backstory...we were waiting for a table at the restaurant Baton Rouge and Lucas saw a box for a raffle to win Sens hockey tickets. I figured it was a scam to get customer information, but I let him do it anyway. A day or two later, I received a call from the manager that we won 2 tickets to the Sens-Panthers game. As you can see below, they were damn good seats. We could almost reach out and touch Jaromir Jagr. I think we also got parking passes. I don't think we've won anything since then.


Not sure what the story is here. It was January so I doubt there was any World Cup stuff going on. I guess he just wanted to wear a soccer shirt.


Around that time, Marilu's family decided to make a trip to Vegas (minus her dad). There are plenty of other pictures, which I'll probably post to Flickr--if I ever get back to using that--but for now, this is a good one of the group.


And finally, one of my all-time favorite pictures of Lucas. He was rocking the Kylo Ren look.


1 comment:

Grammy said...

I didn't realize that you actually won those tickets. Good story and nice pictures. Hope you have fun today at the hockey tournament.