Thursday, January 4, 2018

Scenes from the holidays

Here are some pictures from our adventures, such as they were, over the holidays. It was absolutely frigid the whole week I was off (Christmas week) so we didn't get to do too much since no one wanted to go out into -30 weather. Marilu and Lucas are off this week as well, and it's warmed up a bit so they got to get out of the house more.

In response to my friend John building a big snow fort in his front yard, Lucas and I attempted our own. It started off promisingly enough, but then we kind of gave up on it so there's not much to see now.


Marilu had her Christmas party in mid-December so we got all dressed up. I think it's safe to say she dresses up nicer.


Lucas's hockey team party was an event, the first OHL (Ontario Hockey League, for all you southerners!) game outdoors. They played it on the same field Ottawa's CFL team, the Redblacks, play on. I think this was the first night we experienced truly cold weather this winter, and as neat as experience as it was, we left after two periods. In nearly 14 years of living in Canada, that was probably the coldest I've ever been.



Lucas and some of his teammates.


I only took a few pictures on Christmas morning, preferring to live the experience rather than enjoy it. Here's what I got...




Sensing a theme in this picture?


On Boxing Day, we had friends over for raclette. If you don't know what that is, Google it. It's awesome. Here's the table before we dug in...


...and a quick shot of the group.


Midway through the week, my friend John invited me over and we drank beer and shots in his snow fort. In -30 degree weather. We lasted about an hour and this is what I looked like when I came home.


Before the Falcons wild card game this past weekend, Marilu modeled her brand new leggings that she got for Christmas.


So that's about it for the holidays. You all have a good ni--wait, what, you wanted to see the major present we got for Christmas. Oh well, since you asked nicely, I won't wait another day (or month) to put it in the next post. Here we go...

BEATRIX!!!



Beatrix is incredibly hard to get a good photo of since she's so dark--and the dark carpet doesn't help--but these next two proves she does have eyes!




Lucas's friend Zach slept over for 2 straight nights midweek, and here's a photo of the two of them with Beatrix. Lucas then stayed over at Zach's for 2 night on New Years Eve and New Years Day.




And finally, here's the pup in motion. I figured the best way to see her would be against a backdrop that we're not lacking in...snow!



Ok, so that's really it for now. I hope you enjoyed. One of my resolutions this year is to update a bit more frequently so let's all take bets to see how long that lasts. :)

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Yea, finally some new pictures and really good ones too. Several made me laugh...Lucas at a frigid hockey game where everyone is bundled to the hilt and him with his jacket wide open; another good one was your expression after spending an hour in your friend's snow fort. Your mountain of games always makes me chuckle. Loved all the pictures of Beatrix. She seems a perfect fit for your family. Nice that you were able to get some pictures of Lucas and Zach, such a strong friendship. And the holiday party pic of you and Marilu was awesome. Keep up the posting!