Sunday, September 18, 2016

Lots of News

There's been quite a bit of news since I last posted 10 days ago. Lucas has now finished his first 2 weeks of school, and things are going well. As mentioned in the last post, he's got a bunch of his close friends in his classes so that helps. In particular, his best friend Zach is now at school with him. Zach was at a French school before now, but his parents decided to transfer him over this year so both Lucas and Zach are pretty pleased with that decision.

The other big Lucas-related news is hockey! Sort-outs for Atom (ages 9 and 10) started last weekend and wrapped up a couple of hours ago. I think Lucas played fairly well and will be surprised if he ends up in something other than B. We should know by mid-week, when we receive the introductory email from his new coach.

Finally, in probably the biggest news, I'm working again! It's not exactly what I was looking for--that is, something in accounting--but it's a part-time job to help pay the bills while I continue to find the "perfect" job. This may come as a surprise for those who know me, but it's at Cabela's, the outdoors, hunting, fishing, etc store. A brand new one is opening up on Thursday, and I'll be there almost from the start. Although I say part-time, I'm actually going to be working enough hours that it will be virtually full-time.

My position, which is up front in customer service, is not my ideal job, but who knows, maybe I can get my foot in the door in the back office at some point. And if not, at least I'm bringing in a paycheck for the first time in too long.

I don't want to include pictures from California in this post since that would just make it super long so I'll close this out with a funny picture Marilu took of Lucas and me playing Risk back in June. Despite how it looks, I came back and handily crushed him. :)


1 comment:

Mom/Grammy said...

That's a really funny picture and a nice, newsy blog. Great!