Sunday, February 21, 2016

July Trip to Massachusetts

Lucas's team had their last game of the regular season this morning. They lost 3-2, but man, if it wasn't for the other goalie! As a conservative estimate, we think the Zombies outshot the other team 3 or 4 to 1. It was that incredibly lopsided. The problem was that the other team's goalie was phenomenal. There's really not much else the Zombies could do. Oh well, they have a couple of practices next weekend and then the playoffs start in March. The latest standings aren't up yet, but since they won their previous two games (4-0 and 4-2), I expect the Zombies to finish the season in 2nd or 3rd place. I'll keep you updated once they playoffs begin.

I decided yesterday that it's about time I catch up on the summer photos so here's the start of the deluge. The following photos were taken during our first trip to Massachusetts in July. It's when Lucas and I went on our own, giving Marilu a weeklong break from our zaniness. I'll be posting videos from this trip as well as photos from the second Massachusetts trip (with Marilu) and their trip to Newfoundland and Labrador soon.

Much time was spent in the backyard by the fire pit. You really can't go wrong with fire and beer. Or maybe you can go really wrong with that combination. I can't remember.


I love the expression on Lucas's face as he stuffs toasted marshmallows in his mouth. That's his friend Kyle who lives next door to my mom. Talk about a contrast in size!


We were lucky enough to be down there for the 4th of July so after we watched the fireworks, we lit off some of our own.





My mom and Lucas with Quick Dick, another neighbor and probably the strongest 80-something you'll ever meet.


During that trip, Lucas also got a chance to ride one of Kevin's horses. He had a blast. One of the videos I'll post later has an extended look at his ride.




A random photo from the bubble bath. I may have put in a tad bit too many bubbles, especially since the tub has jacuzzi jets.


Fishing at the lake.



I think this might be Lucas's first game of Scrabble.


A couple of goofy ones.



Pictures from our visit with Jack and Dominic at the miniature golf course. It says something about me that the highlight of that trip was the patty melt I had at the diner immediately before golfing. Best sandwich ever.




Swimming at Nancy and Bobby's.


And potentially summoning dark spirits.


That's it for now. Like I said before, be on the lookout for LOTS of pictures soon.

1 comment:

Mom/Grammy said...

Loved everything about this posting, but then, of course I would. The pictures are all special to me because I remember how much fun we had here last summer. Let's hope we have many more times together!