Monday, November 30, 2015

Hockey Photos Finally!

Unfortunately, the Zombies dropped their second in a row yesterday, 2-1. However, it was a completely different game from last week where they showed up looking like they didn't want to be there. They played really well, and it was an extremely competitive game. The problem this game was the other team's goalie, who stood on his head and kept them in the game. I'd heard his previous 2 games were shutouts so obviously he knows what he's doing.

Lucas had a really good game as well. No goals, but he had 4 decent shots including a phenomenal one from the left side with less than a minute left in the game that had everyone on their feet, thinking it was a goal, but unfortunately, the opposing goalie had an equally spectacular kick save that prevented the tie. I'm still shaking my head as to how it didn't go in. Whatever the case, losses aren't as bad when the team plays to its full potential, and like usual, the kids had a fun time.

Finally, by popular demand (or at least, by my mom's demand), new hockey photos! I took these during yesterday's game. I stood down by the glass all of second period to avoid getting netting in them. I'll probably do that for most future photos since it's a much clearer shot. If I could do it over again, though, I would have taken the camera off auto. It's been a while since I used it, and I now realize I should have used the sport setting since some of them are a little fuzzier than I'd like. Oh well, live and learn. Here you go!

We'll start off with the pregame chat while waiting for the zamboni to finish with the ice. Incidentally, Casselman (Carter) is our current top scorer.



Lucas was the starting center so I felt obligated to photograph the first faceoff. He says he won all of his faceoffs, but I wasn't paying attention so he may be right. You can see why the netting inspired me to move closer to the ice.


Some action shots from around the ice.






I was glad there was some action at the goal near me so I could get these closer-than-usual shots of Lucas.






Fight for it!



And a few more from open ice to close out this installment of hockey photos.




The last one's my favorite. I like the look of him getting ready to charge.

That's all for now. I'll try and get some more next time they are at one of the camera-friendly rinks.

1 comment:

Mom/Grammy said...

Ah, so much better on my computer. Without even reading your comment, I thought the same about the last picture. It was my favorite also, but I enjoyed all of the shots.