Wednesday, May 20, 2015

March Break 2015, Day 7: Castaway Cay

I'm getting senile in my old age. For some reason, I thought I posted the rest of the cruise photos. I guess all it takes is uploading one tease photo and I lose my mind. Anyway, now that I'm back to planet Earth, here's Day 7 at Castaway Cay. I think it's fair to say this was everyone's favorite day and port of call. For those not familiar with it, CC is a private island owned by Disney. It exists solely for the pleasure of Disney cruisers so no one is there when we get there (besides token staff) and when we leave, it goes back to sleep. It's a pretty cool concept, and I'm surprised none of the other cruise lines do something similar.

I only thought to take one photo of the beach from the ship, and it's not the greatest, but at least you get an idea of what it looked like from up top. This is the beach we were on, but there are at least a couple of others.


Posing with Disney characters on our walk to the beach.



Lucas and Jayden taking a break.


I included these two pictures just to give you an idea how large our ship was. It's not always obvious when you see it next to other ships, but by itself, man, that thing is big!



Fun little water structure that kept the kids occupied for a bit. Unfortunately, due to the tide going out, it was closed for most of the second half of our stay.


Wonder Boy! Although I don't have any pictures of it, we went snorkeling later on. There were a bunch of cool structures under water like submarines, ship "wreckage," and Mickey and Minnie statues so it was fun to go search for them together.
 

In the beach next to ours, there was this cool waterslide that dumped you out into the ocean. While everybody went on it, I stayed in this location so I could get some good photos.


I got this great one of everyone waiting in line (except me and Chris, who was also taking pictures). Unfortunately, immediately after this photo, my camera battery died. I had another battery with our stuff on the beach so all wasn't lost for the afternoon, but I missed action shots of the gang shooting down the waterslide.


That's the definition of relaxing right there.


Speaking of relaxing, the ladies enjoy the sun here. All that's missing are frosty adult beverages.



Sadly, we eventually had to leave.


In the next post, we'll wrap up with pictures from that night and the next morning, debarkation day. Boo! Hiss!

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Looks pretty awesome. Other cruise lines do have private islands. This one looks like it has some really cool stuff though. I agree that it's often better than an actual port. Which is kind of sad, I guess, but whatever.

Mom/Grammy said...

Of all the pictures I think my favorite was the one of the three amigos shot from behind looking out into the water...talk about a picture of tranquility! The pictures were all awesome and it really makes me wish I had been there..Good job with the camera!