Monday, March 2, 2015

Hockey Tournament

I haven't taken any pictures of Lucas's hockey since his tournament in Osgoode back on Feb 6. The reason? To be honest, even with a better camera, one picture of Lucas skating pretty much looks like any other so there's not much to see from a static perspective. That said, his playoffs start this coming weekend so I'll try and get some more photos then. In the meantime, here's the best of the photos I took in Osgoode.






Huddling with the assistant coach after the first period.



Meeting with the coach after the second period.





You may recall that Lucas scored in the first game of the tournament. This photo was taken as he made his way back to the bench. You can't see his face well, but you sure can see his green stick flying high in the air. He was a tad excited.


I didn't take many photos in the second game, which took place that night. The match-up was wildly unbalanced in favor of the small town team (surprise, surprise) so I put the camera away rather than throw it at the entire town of Osgoode. However, the photos I did get showed off the capabilities of our new camera, as you'll see below.





As you can see, the zoomed-in photos are incredibly detailed, much more so than our old camera. Though I did find it difficult to get many good photos during actual plays. It had nothing to do with the camera and everything to do with the user (i.e., me). When I'm zoomed in that close, I have a hard time following the action so I tend to miss what is happening both with the camera and as a fan in the stands. I actually missed Lucas's goal since I was too busy fiddling with the camera. I'm sure I'll get better with it over time, but for now, I warn you that I am definitely a rank amateur in the field of sports photography.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

This made me laugh. So true that the photos are more or less all the same. You can just bring the camera out to a couple of games to get your photos for the year, because you don't get much different each time. Except maybe better shots in one rink vs another.

Looking good.