Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Massachusetts Trip (Greg's Memorial)

Since we'll be in Massachusetts in a matter of days. I figured I better get the pictures posted from our last trip to Massachusetts first. As you may recall, we went down at the end of May for my cousin Greg's funeral. As somber as that occasion one, as you'll see in these photos, we still managed to have a good time, which I'm sure is the way Greg would have wanted it.

No trip would be complete without a cute picture of Lucas and Grammy as she prepared hamburgers for a BBQ. One thing I can say about Massachusetts is that I never go to be hungry.


Another thing we've done a lot the last couple of years is hang out by the fire pit. This is probably one of my favorite parts of the Massachusetts trips. I can sit there and watch the fire burn for hours...as the mosquitoes drain my body of blood. As you can see, Lucas is now old enough that we let him help out with the fire. I guess you can't learn fire safety too early!







At Greg's memorial reception, we weren't too focused on taking pictures, but I'm glad Marilu did get this one of me with my cousin John (Greg's brother), my uncle Mark, and Lucas.


As I said above, we're due to head out of town in a couple of days. We're driving down to Massachusetts on Thursday, dropping Lucas off with my mom, and then Marilu and I will be flying to Las Vegas on Friday to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. I can't promise anything, but I hope to put up one more picture update tomorrow since I noticed I'm starting to get behind on the pictures again. If not, I'll work on it in Massachusetts since we'll be there for another week after we get back from Vegas.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Thanks for posting those pictures. Will you forward the one of Uncle Mark and the rest of you boys (to Uncle Mark)? I'm not sure how often he checks in on the blog.

Drive safely tomorrow.
Love you all.
Mom