Monday, June 10, 2013

Growing Up

Back in spring of 2009, we bought a not-even-2-yet Lucas a kitchen playset. He had seen one at his cousin Megan's birthday party a couple of months before, and he really enjoyed playing with it. So when it came time to get him his next big gift, that was kind of no-brainer. You can see a video of the whole affair below or check out the original blog post here.



The reason I bring this up is that we sold the playset earlier today. Now that Lucas is getting older, we decided it's time to free up some space and sell the things he doesn't use anymore. We've been holding on to a lot of toys well past their "expiration date," so to speak, in case we had another kid, but between what happened with Rory last year and the fact that we've decided to stop trying for another one, now seemed as good a time as any to start the purge.

We've sold a bunch of stuff prior to this, and although I've had whiffs of nostalgia, it wasn't until today's sale that I felt real sadness. Although he hasn't played with the kitchen seriously in at least a year and a half, and it was just taking up space in the basement, it was such a big part of his life that it makes me ache a little inside knowing that it's gone. I'm a very nostalgic person at heart so I suppose I am more susceptible to these types of feelings than most.

I'll take a look at our camera and see if I can find some new pictures to post in the next update. I don't think we took many photos during our trip to Massachusetts, but there's bound to be a couple of good ones on there. Until next time...

1 comment:

Mom said...

Oh my gosh. That was so cute. How quickly we forget what it was like when Lucas was just a toddler...and yes it does make you want to go back there at times, but I really do love Lucas at his present age!

Love,
Mom
Do you think we could have gone to a football game back then?