Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Justin and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

What a week and a half. As if Greg's passing wasn't bad enough, Marilu's brother and his wife went through hell this weekend when Kyle, their 9-day-old newborn, had extremely serious health issues with his heart. After several days in the hospital, things are looking up and the best words to describe the current situation are "cautiously optimistic."

On top of all that, today is the 1st anniversary of the worst day of our lives. This time last year was the day we said both hello and goodbye to Rory. I don't really want to talk about it since it hurts too much when I concentrate on what happened, but I did want to acknowledge that we remember her (or him, as Lucas still thinks), and we never plan to forget.

In light of all that--and I know this sounds cliche--take some time to let those close to you know you love them. I really wish I had that one more conversation with Greg or the chance to see Lucas play with his little sister, but I can't, and in a word, that sucks. However, I hope my family and friends who are still here with me realize how much I appreciate them being in my life. I also hope I'll get a chance to see many of you this weekend at Greg's memorial.

Take care.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Big hugs to you both.