Saturday, January 19, 2013

May 2012 Highlights

Apparently, I managed to skip from April to July while doing my highlights tour of 2012. So this post will see me jump back a couple of months and show you the rest of the best for May. Before I get to that, I wanted to mention that it's a boys' weekend for Lucas and me since Marilu headed off with her girlfriends for a scrapbooking weekend until Sunday afternoon. Unlike past weekends alone with the boy, we have plenty of stuff lined up. Tomorrow morning, he has his martial arts lessons, and then in the afternoon, we've been invited over to a friend's house for a LAN party, which is basically a fancy way of saying we'll be playing video games with a bunch of other people. What 5-year-old wouldn't love that? On Sunday, he has ski lessons and then a birthday party for one of his classmates. Marilu will be home by the end of that, and we'll finish off the weekend by hopefully watching the Falcons and Patriots winning their respective NFL conference championships.

So, back to May. Now that Lucas is a full-blown student, I expect we'll be seeing more pictures like this one as we help him with his homework. To be honest, I'm not sure if he's even doing anything school-related in this picture or just coloring, but I liked the idea.


 As you may recall, Lucas played in a T-ball league called Blast Ball last May and June. I even think I posted some pictures way back when. Well, here's some more plus video. It's too early to tell if we'll sign him up for this again, but I thought it was a positive experience so we'll see.












My mom came down to visit toward the end of the month, and she helped make our "garden" in the front yard look good. Lucas and I provided limited help.





One of the highlights in May, at least from a photo perspective, was a little carnival they had at the nearby Hazeldean Mall. We went the year before, but 2012 was the first year Lucas was brave enough to go on some rides by himself.






Not the most thrilling ride in the world. Luckily, we went to this carnival before Six Flags, otherwise he would have been REALLY bored.



Incidentally, the photo above of him with his finger in his mouth is the 666th one I've posted to this blog. Take that for you will.

It's possible I've posted this next picture before, or maybe I just uploaded one that looked like it. Either way, it's cute so here you go: Lucas and Marilu at Montana's restaurant.


 And finally, sometimes you just need to kick back and relax on your Tauntaun sleeping bag.









1 comment:

Mom said...

Hah! No comments I see. That's what happens when I'm away and computerless. Finally home and well enough to get online again. Loved the pics, finger in the mouth is one Lucas will look back on and have a good chuckle over.

Love you.
Mom