Sunday, October 3, 2010

Massachusetts 2010: Part 7

I'm going to try and speed up the rest of the Massachusetts photos since it's almost 2 months after the trip. To aid in this endeavor, I've moved all of my pictures to my laptop, which is not only faster than my desktop PC, but it's also more convenient. I can update while watching TV or, as I am now, lying in bed.

Day 7 saw my arrival. I flew into Boston, and right from the airport, we headed over to the Boston Children's Museum, which was fantastic. I would heartily recommend it to anyone with kids. It completely blew the children's museum here in Ottawa (or Gatineau, specifically, out of the water).

In the parking garage, I gave Lucas a present I'd picked up in Ottawa: a new Playmobil knight. FYI, if you are ever looking for gift ideas for Lucas, he loves knights. Just look at his face!


Here are some random photos from the museum.




This one of all of us posing would be perfect is Lucas was not holding a dinosaur in front of his face.


I like to call this one "The Psycho Road Worker." He just looks really menacing and unbalanced there.


This one is much cuter.


My expression in this one amuses me for some reason.


One of the exhibits had a green screen that kids could stand in front of, and on the TV monitors, it looked like they were in a cartoon. I figured I'd explain it since this picture would probably be more than a little confusing, otherwise. Lucas played in that room for well over 10 minutes.


Another wacky father and son portrait. I think more of our pictures together fall under "wacky" than "serious." That's probably a good thing.


Based on his reaction to the headdress, I don't suppose Lucas will become a Vegas showgirl anytime soon.


After the museum, we had dinner at Maggiano's, a favorite restaurant of ours. How can you go wrong with all-you-can-eat family-style Italian dinner? On the way there, we walked through the park made famous by the children's book "Make Way for Ducklings." There are little statues of the ducks, and I guess it's popular for kids to take pictures sitting on one of the ducks. At least it was popular that day, as we had to wait for 2 or 3 other people to take pictures before Lucas got his.


The next logical action is to go chase the ducks.


I'm only using one photo from dinner at Maggiano's, but I think you'll agree it's a winner.


1 comment:

Mom said...

You put together a really nice posting. Your dialog was almost as good as the pics. I loved the bronze or brass duck sitting followed by the duck chase. It truly captured Lucas's independent spirit.

See you all soon.