Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Farewell to 2009

It looks like winter might finally be coming to an end. The snow is almost all gone. The days are getting longer. The temperature is getting warmer. And I've probably now jinxed myself and will be shoveling the driveway all next week. The reason I mention this is that Lucas was out playing in the backyard yesterday afternoon for a good hour and making the most of the little snow that is still on the ground. I got a couple of pictures plus a fairly amusing video of him getting stuck in the container we bought last fall to store his toys, but alas, I haven't transferred them to the computer yet so this will have to wait for another day. In the meantime, let's take a look at some more December pictures as we play Operation: Catch Up to the Present 2010.

As seen below, not every picture is a magical portrait, displaying the innocence of youth. Sometimes you just gotta eat.


And then proudly show off your distended belly. The apple doesn't fall far from this tree.


Back in December, Lucas got it in his head that he wanted wine--quite often--when having dinner. Being the good parents we are, we obliged. After substituting apple juice for wine in the wine glass, mind you. I'm still shocked he hasn't managed to break one of those glasses yet.


Great shot of mom and son.


And that's it for December since all the Christmas pictures were already posted back when they happened. Onwards to January!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Just returned home from Florida. Gorgeous weather here, almost as good as Florida but it won't last. Had to get my Lucas photo fix immediately since I travel without a computer. Nice shot of mom and son. The steak bone gnawing reminds me of your Aunt Justine!

Love you all!