Thursday, July 2, 2009

A word is worth 1/1000 of a picture

A couple of cute tidbits from today:

1) Lucas now knows how to apologize. We put him in time out earlier, and when I went over to check on him (after, like, 20 seconds), he looked at me with those little Disney doe eyes and said, "Rorry." It actually sounded a little like Scooby-Doo. It's so cute, but the thing that gets me is that you can tell he totally knows what he is doing. Later on, when he was in a different time out (he likes to throw stuff at the dinner table, which typically earns him one), he almost immediately said sorry (or rorry). Even though he's just going through the motions, it's just too cute.

2) Before dinner, I took out the game board from Operation and let him play with that. Man, he was transfixed by that game for nearly an hour. He has no idea what the rules are or what he's supposed to do with the "bones"--he had more fun putting them back in the holes--but does he ever love touching the tweezers (or whatever they are called) to the metal and making the buzzing sound and lighting up the red nose. Once again, very cute stuff. He also tried Jenga but that didn't hold his attention for very long. He just likes knocking the whole tower over.

I didn't get any pictures of him playing Operation (though I will next time), but I did catch his apologizing during a time out on video. Unfortunately, I haven't uploaded that yet so it'll have to wait.

For those of you who didn't know, we're packing up and heading to Labrador City for about a week. Marilu's brother is getting married, and we'll also make a mini-vacation out of it. The only negative part of the whole trip is the ridiculously long drive (approx 16 hours, so I'm told) each way. Suffice to say I'm making sure Lucas has PLENTY of toys and videos and games and whatever else in order to keep him entertained.

Since we'll be gone for so long, I'm going to post a lot of pictures over the next few days, before we leave on Sunday. Mostly to help me catch up since I'm falling pretty far behind. Expect the first batch within the hour.

No comments: