Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Cows Update

As I've alluded to in the past, it hasn't been a good year for hockey. There were several kids who probably shouldn't have been playing at the House B level, and it made for a tough time. The season ended two weekends ago, and they had a whopping 2 wins and ended up in 7th (last) place.

However, this past weekend was the start of the playoffs, and the Cows managed a strong win over the 5th place team, 4-2. I guess this is as good a time as any to have a hot streak! Their work is cut out for them as they still have to play the 1st and 3rd place teams, but one win puts them into the next round of the playoffs. On top of that, even though they didn't have many wins, they did tie a lot, and their last game against the #1 team was a tie so anything is possible.

Their next game is this weekend, then the following two weekends are off due to March break, and then they will finish up the round robin toward the end of the month. I'll update as soon as the games happen.

Speaking of spring break, we will be heading down to Long Island for a couple of days since Lucas is finally getting his certificate of U.S. citizenship. It's taken the government 2 years to process his paperwork (insert joke here), but it's finally here. I will definitely have some pictures from that trip.

One more "speaking of." Speaking of pictures, I haven't taken many lately hence the lack of photos, but I wanted to mention that we bought a new desktop computer this past Sunday. As a result, I have a much more powerful (FASTER) computer to work with now so I will be uploading and organizing all my photos on here and should have some new stuff soon.

No comments: