Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Cows First Game

Real quick hockey update. Lucas's team, the Cows, had their first game this past Sunday morning. They lost 2-0, but it wasn't a worrisome loss. The teams were matched up pretty well, and both goals came by the same kid on the same shift so I think it was just a momentary lapse of concentration. Lucas wasn't on for either goal so his plus/minus for the year is even. I'm actually planning to keep track of that this season since I always talk about it, and it would be interesting to know what his season total is.

He also had at least a few shots on goal. He and his defensive partner Cameron play a lot of Fortnite together, and I think they came up with a few designed plays during their online gaming. On each faceoff in the opposing zone, as soon as one of them got it, they would pass across to the other, who would then take a shot from the point. None of them went in, unfortunately, but the plays looked good.

He has another game this weekend, at which point I will update again. Hopefully, I'll stay healthy as I have been hit with just about everything over the last couple of weeks, culminating in a return of my shingles from 2016 today. Yeehaw.

1 comment:

Mom/Grammy said...

I'm looking forward to seeing Lucas play hockey again. Hope your shingles are short lived. I know how nasty that can be. See you next week.