Friday, April 27, 2018

The Reapers

Here's Lucas in his new lacrosse uniform:


The team name the kids decided on is the Reapers. It sounds really cool until you realize it's the name of a character that looks like Keanu Reeves' John Wick character in a video game called Fortnite. Oh well, at least the coach has some sense and is going to use a grim reaper logo when making their warmup uniforms.

Lucas had two practices this past week and his first game is on Monday. I took a couple of videos on the phone while watching his practice. I haven't looked at them yet, but if they are decent, I'll upload a couple this weekend.

After his first practice, I asked Lucas how many kids were completely new to lacrosse. He said the number (4 or 5?) and then said, "You could tell which ones we were." :)

Should be an interesting season!

1 comment:

Mom/Grammy said...

I kind of liked the name coconuts. Much more pleasant sounding than "Reaper" and I know nothing of the game you mentioned. I can only imagine it isn't too great if the grim reaper logo is better. Hope Lucas enjoys the sport and doesn't get frustrated because he's new to the game. Will look forward to updates.