Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Disney Day 7: And So It Ends

Before we get to the (sort of) last Disney post, I'll go over a bit of hockey news. As you may know, Lucas is playing at House A level for the first time, after 3 years of House B. Because there are less teams in A, they play against each other for the start of the season and then they move on and play against House A teams from other parts of Ottawa.

Lucas's team had a successful run in their Kanata run, going 3-1-1. This past weekend, they played their first opponent from Nepean, an area that consists of the west side of Ottawa (but not as far west as us) and south Ottawa. The weekend before, I was talking to one of our friends who has kids in Nepean hockey, and he had mentioned that the Atom program had gotten rid of one of their competitive teams this year, which likely strengthened their House A teams a bit. I can't say for sure that it was a factor, but it sure looked like it as the team Lucas played against was considerably better than them. The final score was 3-0, but if it hadn't been for the Coconuts goalie having a stellar game, it easily could have been 10-0.

The other two Kanata-Nepean scores that I saw were won by Nepean 2-0 and 3-1 so it looks like the leagues are wildly out of balance this year. Oh well, I guess it'll teach the kids character.

Anyway, back to our last day at Disney. Before we left our resort, I wanted to get a few shots of the room and grounds for posterity. So here you go...

A slightly blurry view of the room. We slept on the right side and Lucas had the foldout bed on the left. There's a much better picture of that at the end of this post.


The view from just outside our door. You can see a bit of the Louisiana theme.


This was the nearest pool to us, which we used a few times. There was also a much bigger one with a slide near the center of the resort.


This was taken on the back side of the main building.


Our resort was on a river, and you could actually take a boat ride (which you can see here) to various locations such as Disney Springs.


If you turned around from the previous two pictures, this is what you'd see.


Inside the main building.



This doesn't work so well on the blog, but here's a panoramic photo I took of the river side of Port Orleans.


Remember that pullout bed? It had a picture of an alligator that I assume was from the Princess and Frog movie (which we have never seen). As you can see here, it was the perfect picture for Lucas.


Since the photos weren't enough, here's a short video as we prepared to leave our room.



And finally, Lucas with his new favorite stuffy while we wait to go home at the airport.


As mentioned previously, I'm going to download photos off of Marilu's phone soon so I may have a few more Disney-related ones, but that's the bulk of them. Speaking of Marilu, I should have photos of her surprise 40th birthday party up soon too. Lots of people were taking pictures so once I get my hands on most of them, I'll get them uploaded.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Thanks for sharing all your Disney pictures, made me feel like I was there. You've done a remarkable job keeping your blog going for 10 years. Keep up the good work. I love every post.