Thursday, August 17, 2017

October 2015 (and one from today)

I was just looking through some of my older photos tonight, and I noticed a couple of before and after haircut photos from October 2015. They really stood out since Lucas got a haircut tonight, and it's basically the same type of haircut he's been getting since early spring: a trendy cut that's really short on the sides and back but fairly long on the top, particularly in the front. In fact, I took a photo earlier so here's what it looked like about 4 hours ago.



Jump back almost 2 years, and it was a drastic change. Before...



And after. See what I mean?


Looking back at that fair month, here are some other highlights. First off, a couple of Lucas and Marilu at a rivalry football game between her alma mater, Carleton University, and the University of Ottawa.




Next up, Marilu's birthday. Here she models the Sens jersey we got her. I think the Falcons toque might also have been a present. I can't imagine why else she would be wearing it in this picture.


I can't recall where we went to eat for her birthday, but based on these photos, I think it might have been Baton Rogue. We haven't been there in quite some time due to a bad experience with a steak our last visit.



I wanted to point out that the other thing I did for her birthday was to make her favorite dessert, cheesecake, from scratch. I've never baked before, and I don't even care for cheesecake, but by all accounts, it turned out perfectly. One of these days I'll do it again.




And what October-themed post would be complete without Halloween? Two years later, I'm still pretty happy with the way these Minions pumpkins turned out.


Of course, you can't carve pumpkins without a bit of silliness.


You could probably take 1000 guesses and never figure out what Lucas's costume was that year:


That's because it was based on a supporting character on an obscure Casper cartoon he was obsessed with at the time. Nowadays, it's all about YouTube videos or tween/teen live-action shows.


And finally, this shot of him and Zach, post trick or treating. Got the iPads out and chowing down on chocolate!


Woohoo! I staved off being 2 years behind for at least another month or two. Seriously though, I'm going to keep weaving stuff like this in with the newer stuff until that mythical day that I actually catch up. Hope you enjoyed this partial trip down memory lane!

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Loved the trip down Memory Lane! Great post. Thanks for staying active.