Thursday, February 23, 2017

Catch-Up: Newfoundland 2015! (part 1)

Yikes, it's been a while since that last post. Time to get off my butt, and start playing catch up. I've got quite a few pictures from last year that need to be uploaded so the easiest way to do this is probably just to start from the beginning and get to it. So the next few weeks are going to be quite an image dump. I'll throw in some news updates as well so it keeps things at least somewhat current.

Speaking of news, in case you hadn't heard, tomorrow will mark the end of the first week at my new job. I'm out of retail hell and back in the professional world, this time in the accounting side of things. Well, sort of. I'm in a very junior-level position so there's not much actual accounting yet, but at least my foot is in the door, and the future's what I make of it with this company.

Now when I say some of the photos are old, I'm not kidding. This first batch are going all the way back to 2015. For once, you can blame someone other than me. They are from Marilu and Lucas's summer trip to Newfoundland, and I've told her time and again, if she wanted me to post them, she needed to add the commentary herself since most of the photos contain places and people I either don't know or can't recall the names. Since it's apparent that's never going to happen, I've decided to take the best ones of Lucas plus any highlights. So, without any further adieu, welcome to July of 2015!



You probably can't read it, but Lucas is holding up a ticket for the squid race, part of the larger Squid Fest that takes place in Newfoundland around that time of year. Several of the following pictures are taken at or around Squid Fest. They should be fairly simple to spot due to the abundance of cephalopod-related accoutrements.



It's not Newfoundland if you don't have moose crossing the street near your home.






I'm gonna guess this guy is named Squiddy.


Lucas won his favorite player.


Look both ways! You might get run over by a moose otherwise.



That's about half of the ones I have from that trip. I'll post the rest in the next entry so be on a lookout for that tomorrow or this weekend.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Thank-you. I've been patiently awaiting new pictures. I knew of the Squid Fest and glad you chose those photos along with the moose pictures. Hope the job goes well. Talk to you soon I hope.