Saturday, November 22, 2014

PD Day

Lucas's school had a PD day on Friday. I've yet to figure out the exact purpose of PD days since we didn't have them when I was growing up, but it basically means the kids stay home.

It was -8 C out so we stayed inside for the most part, other than a quick walk over to the new McDonald's for lunch. Had it been later in the winter, -8 would be nothing, but since we're just getting used to those temperatures for this year, the less I have to experience them now, the better.

Our day consisted almost entirely of video games. It may not sound like the most productive use of our time, but when I think about how much fun and laughter we shared while racing cars, shooting bad guys, and playing music in Rock Band, I'm glad we did it. You don't get that kind of bonding via chores or homework.

Speaking of the latter, we may need to work on Lucas's astronomy. While discussing the solar system with him, I asked him to name the planets. He started off well enough with Earth and Mars, but I stopped him on his third "planet," Afghanistan.

1 comment:

Mom/Grammy said...

I almost choked laughing at the Afghanistan reference as a planet.