Monday, April 8, 2013

Easter 2013

You can blame my mom for the long delay between updates. She visited us over the Easter weekend, and when she is here, she doesn't pay attention to the blog, and thus there is no one to nag me about not updating regularly. However, she left last Tuesday so we're quickly approaching the point where I will hear from her so I thought it was best I get a new update up. And speaking of Easter, that's the theme of this one!

I'm not exactly sure when it happened, but at some point, Easter became a poor man's Christmas, from a commercial perspective. Every year, Lucas gets a basket with chocolate, but he also gets a bunch of presents. Maybe the same thing happened when I was younger--I can't recall--but all I have memories of are chocolate bunnies and other assorted bits of sugar. Whatever the case, here are the highlights of Lucas and Easter 2013.

It might have been a little last minute, but the night before Easter, we finally got around to coloring eggs. It doesn't appear to be one of Lucas's favorite activities. He has more fun mixing the colors until they are a soothing shade of brown/black.
 



No Easter is complete without an Easter egg hunt. Lucas had a great time searching for them, and once again, I was able to stay one step ahead of him and actually come up with hiding places he couldn't find without help. I'm sure that won't last too much longer.

 


Showing off the loot. (Quite literally, this year, as my mom got him a pirate chest.)



Feasting away on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! LOVE the faces, especially in the first picture.




Lucas's thank you note for the Easter bunny. Note the "eaten" carrot on the left.


2 comments:

Mom said...

How right you are! I was checking every day and was about to get on the complaint bandwagon again. Now I'm a happy camper. Thanks for the pics. They're really great... and Easter when you were little was not a mini Christmas.

Tracey said...

No presents for Easter at our house. Mad hunt for chocolate goodies and that's all she wrote. Of course we don't have a pile of other people that buy stuff for our kids. Though my aunt did me send home with fancy chocolate bunnies for Easter when we saw her the week before. Good pictures of Lucas here! The kids are starting to look so much older. Crazy.